Friday 9 May 2014

So I went to Caribbean Dance Exercise Class

*Gasp*

On the radio this morning they said that women over the age of 30 run the risk of heart disease if they don't exercise regularly. They said that we should do at least 30 minutes of exercise, five times a week. This is a worry!

Firstly, it's a long, long time since I celebrated my 30th birthday and secondly, I spend far too much time sitting at this computer. I'm lucky if I do 30 minutes exercise a week, never mind five times a week. It was time for drastic action.

For several months my friend has been trying to persuade me to join her at a Caribbean Dance Exercise Class. It couldn't be more convenient as it's only on the corner of my street. So this morning, in deference to the health of my heart, I finally succumbed. The lady who runs it is lovely. She has an infectious grin and her enthusiasm, together with the lively music, kept me on the move for a whole 45 minutes!

I have just returned.
I am still conscious.
I am typing this whilst sipping coffee and slowly recovering.

Tomorrow I may feel differently but right now I'm pleased I went. Most of the others there are about my age so I didn't feel too old and I survived it with enough energy to walk home again. What more can I ask?

Well, that's today's exercise sorted. Now, what to do for the next four days?

How many times a week do you manage 30 minutes of exercise?
(If the answer is six times or more then please just comment about the weather! Thank you!)